Thursday, July 3, 2008

Video Games surpass DVD's




So this being the 100Th L337 Gamer Blog post, I thought I'd ring it in with a ground breaking event...of sorts. While the gaming industry has been surpassing the total gross of the movie theaters (9.6 billion in 2007), for awhile now, its finally done the same to the DVD industry. The gaming industry took in 18.85 billion during 2007 while the DVD format (Blue-ray not yet important enough to warrant a comparison of any kind), took in 16 billion for 2007.


On a lighter note, I've just completed Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation, and will be posting a review in a day or so. Meanwhile I'm awaiting my review copy of "Alone in the Dark" as well as receiving a review copy of "DBZ burst limit", sometime in the same time frame.

Its fair to say that all I'll be doing is programming and gaming for the foreseeable future. SupCom review also coming next week.

source:GameSpot

No comments: