Friday, February 29, 2008

Worst Parents Ever: Xbox 360 prank on child that has 1337 gamers pissed.

There is something wrong in the world when a family decides to make up for thier lack of material possessions by amusing themselves with the sight of a small boy crying his eye's out.

The little boy in the below video is named jonathan and in the video you can clearly see his excitement as he receives an xbox360....or so he thinks. The kids arms drop when he See's the 360 box and its clear he's overjoyed beyond belief. We've all been there, even if it wasn't a present from another individual. Hell, we've bought our consoles, PCs and even just become giddy as we take home something so small as a new graphics card. For me it was my dad giving me an N64 when I was about 12. For you it might have been a gamecub, xbox or that coveted PlayStation 2, the list is endless with electronic gaming joy.

So knowing the sort of joy and excitement this kid has upon ripping off the wrapping to reveal a 360 touches us all as fellow gamers at a deeply emotional level.

What happens as he opens the box however is sure to cause our emotions to take a 180 on the kids 360 situation. The box is opened to reveal...CLOTHES!

We all hope and some even believe the kid has an unboxed 360 waiting for him and that the tears that stream down his face will be replaced with smile as he forgets a tasteless warm up to the real thing, joke. Sadly Engadget, which first reported this lesson in cruel and sadistic parenting, has uncovered that in fact little jonathan received no xbox360 once so ever.

Gamers and Microsoft itself are coming out against the cruel overweight parents who can afford to stuff themselves, buy a camera to capture this cruel and tasteless prank as well as the computer to upload it to youtube. Everyone it seems would like to make up for the cruel and unfit parenting Jonathan has experienced by getting him a 360 for real. If nothing else moves you to find out more about this issue (and believe me when I say I'll update when I hear more about this), its got to be the sounds of the parents laughing at the poor child who's cheeks are stained with freshly shed tears as the waddle off camera.



Source: Engadget

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I watched this video on youtube ... and decided to google it...cuz I just couldn't believe my own eyes.

I know the world is filled with more good then bad...but, I believe this is where the bad ones might be created...as all behaviour originates from the home... escpeically during that young childs age.

I have high doubts that if we were all to rally him with a game system...if it would be there a week from then. I do feel that some Childs Protective Agency should get involved. This clearly shows emotional abuse.

But, I think if that boy knows know... that there are thousands of ppl that are caring for him...he will know that there is light at the end of the tunnel.