Monday, January 21, 2008

CAD is the best web comic ever

Ok so I know the title of this post sounds rather over the top and unrealistic but in the last year and a half that i've been heavily into video game based web comics only three have caught my eye.

Ctrl + ALt + Del being first and formost my favorite of the bunch. Tim Buckley has really created soem awesome characters and the fact he games and lives off the comic is basically all us gamers can ever hope for. Although we are more likely to end up being some company's bitch doing beta testing...which we of course beg and plead for. While I've enjoyed the webcomic and made a list of various shirts to purchase via the online store for over 1.5 years, its only recently that Tim Buckley posted a youtube video of the animated series of the webcomic with voice overs. Before I knew it existed and had seen the animations but not heard any sound so his latest post showing the vid has sealed the deal and condemned my wallet to go cry in a corner.

Somehow my favorite character isn't Lucas, Ethan or the robot xbox known as Zeke, rather its the linux web programmer Scott. Who I happen to think I most resemble. Posted below is the youtube video in I've mentioned and a link to the first webcomic post Tim Buckley ever did. I also happened to include a Wiki link about CAD for good measure.



First issue of CAD webcomic

After looking at the first issue of the webcomic (do this unless you want to kill several hours reading all of em up to the most recent), go ahead and click on "latest comic", to see how far the qaulit department has come along. Really interesting plot lines and its covered issues we've all experienced.

Ah to be old enough to remember the days of dreaded dial up and aol.

If you'd like the history of CAD go to the wiki link below:

Wiki history of CAD

While this is a CAD centered post, I'll be sure to include posts relating to MegaTokyo and Penny arcade in the future.

- Al3x

No comments: